Need a fun twist on your classic Chicken Sandwich?
Try this sandwich which was featured on The Chew (January 25, 2017) with guest Trisha Penn.
Time: 15 to 30 min
1/4 cup olive oil (divided)
2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
1/2 onion (peeled, thinly sliced)
1/4 cup butter
1 Ciabatta loaf (thinly sliced 1/2-inch thick widthwise)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup Brie cheese
1 cup arugula
1/2 Granny Smith apple (thinly sliced)
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375˚
- In a large saute pan add 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove to a plate, cover with foil and keep warm. Slice in half on a bias.
- In a second large saute pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent and beginning to brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Spread butter on one side of ciabatta slices. Place the ciabatta slices onto a baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add the Dijon mustard and honey and mix to combine.
- To assemble, on the bottom piece of bread place some onions and top with chicken and brie (the cheese will melt). On the top piece of bread add arugula, 5 slices of apple and a drizzle of the honey Dijon. Close the sandwich and serve.
Place the sandwich back in the oven for 3-4 minutes to melt the cheese, if necessary.